A resourceful and adaptable Product Manager/Business Analyst/Certified Professional Scrum Master with a strong technical background seeking new opportunity. Extensive experience with user support, requirements gathering/writing, and enterprise level Agile/Scrum development methodologies. A proven track record of creating products and features that customer’s value. Skills include:
- Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills and the ability to “figure it out.”
- Consider problems as an opportunity and puzzle to be solved.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting before groups of people either in person or through webinars including presentations in front of large clients.
- Knowledgeable with the use of PC software programs: MS Windows, Word, Excel and Access. Familiar with Linux, networking and Web Site Development. Involved in building and upgrading PC computers and configuring operating systems.
Responsible for gathering requirements and writing user stories. Also as this iss a newly formed Scrum team I serve as Scrum Master and agile coach leading process improvement.
Product Owner working on projects connected with purchasing systems.
· Received Scrum – The Toyota Way training
Responsible for Barracuda Cloud Control, the admin site that ties together the Barracuda family of products. Works with other product teams to create a unified experience for the customer, including consulting with acquisitions to develop plans and requirements to bring them into the Barracuda ecosystem. Due to many different stakeholders involved, careful evaluation of conflicting and constantly changing priorities is required to accomplish the highest priorities within the time constraints and resource availability.
- Serve as product owner on a scrum team and fill in for scrum master
- Create a roadmap, manage the story development process and prioritize the backlog
- Triage bugs and prioritize feature requests
- Respond to integration needs of other teams
- Assist with escalated customer issues
- Talk with customers to assess their needs
Responsible for delivering business value through the implementation of process improvement projects working with key business functions to document existing business/process methods, identify opportunities, research best practices and develop process improvement solutions. Further translated business needs and gaps into proper system requirement specifications to ensure organizational goals and expectations are met for the processes supporting key business functions (customer support, purchasing, sourcing, transactional processing, and financial settlement).
- Working with various stakeholders to identify, define and prioritize process improvement projects and ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Developing an understanding of business processes to help the organization reduce errors, eliminate redundancy and improve overall quality.
- Providing test plans, test cases, perform functional testing and assure proper user acceptance testing.
- Providing new user training and process documentation as required with a focus on our multi-lingual environment.
- Supporting and enforcing standards and methodologies for business process development, project management, and change management.
- Implemented JIRA and serving as Administrator
Served as a product owner on scrum teams using agile development methodology to build and update/maintain these online platforms working both in an enterprise-wide scrum with geographically separated teams and on projects contained within a single team.
- Gathered and authored/wrote requirements in different tools like JIRA, ScrumWorks, and simple Word documents.
- Prioritized requirements by consulting with various stakeholders, business owners, technical leads and user experience designers to reach consensus.
- Because interoperability is extremely important to ProQuest’s customer base served as the business lead on the systems such as link resolvers and web discovery services that connected different vendors together providing customers with integrated solutions.
- To guide different development work communicated directly to end users to determine workflow requirements, what tasks need to be accomplished, or what problems need to be solved. Evaluated user’s feedback that determined user’s satisfaction and continually provided a good ROI for the business.
- Active member of new development teams that accomplished specific tasks. Served as the product owner where the teams stayed together and the work came to the team.
Provided support of first a CD-ROM and then a web-based product to a global customer base. Integrated ProQuests’ products and systems with the customers’ and vendors’ products. Job requirements included strong troubleshooting skills, an innate ability to clearly communicate with non-technical staff at the customers’ sites.
- Started employment as Level 1 Technician and progressed through Levels 2 and 3 to Senior Technician.
- Responsible for investigating escalated issues and working with high-value customers.
- Started professional employment as a Hardware Technician repairing computers at the chip level. This provided the foundation of strong troubleshooting skills that still serve me well till this day.
- Adaptable to new and changing systems and circumstances.
Graduated With High Honors
Attended company-sponsored programs in Agile, Scrum, Pragmatic Marketing. Continuously upgrade skills using Lynda.com and Edx.org.